Man Attempts To Kill Spider, Sets Fire To Gas Station | California Pest Control

In an attempt to kill a spider a Center Line Michigan man accidentally set a gas station on fire! After being shocked to see a spider on his gas tank the motorist decided it would be a good idea to use a cigarette lighter to kill the spider. What happened next was more shocking than the spider itself, the cigarette lighter ignited the fuel and flames quickly enveloped the gas pump and presumably the spider as well.


According to an employee of the gas making regarding the motorist; “He didn’t have a cigarette. He didn’t have anything on him. All of a sudden I look out and I see flames.”. Despite being the cause of the fire at the pump the motorist attempted to resolve the issue by grabbing a fire extinguisher and putting out the flame. The stations gas supply was also then cut off to prevent any further damage and the local firefighters were called to the scene.

It is hard to believe that a little spider could ignite such an incendiary chain of events but man’s fear of arachnids knows no bounds. In the aftermath of the fire the gas pump was destroyed however the motorist’s car suffered little damage. Quite the price to pay for a little do it yourself pest control, next time we suggest leaving the spider extermination to the California pest control experts!